In today’s internet savvy world, some people think that going online for a policy is the way to go. But be careful, when you purchase your policy online without an agent, you may be missing out on some very important things. Who will you talk to if you have questions? What happens when there is a claim, who will you call? Is there anyone at all in my “corner”? Now you might be thinking, “yeah, but it costs more to have an agent”. This is not true. You might be surprised to find that getting rid of the insurance agent is not necessarily the cheapest option, and sometimes could end up costing you more, not only in price, but in quality and coverage. And believe me, many of the “direct” online companies spend every bit as much on advertising as other companies do on agents. Sometimes even more.
The top 5 reasons to stick with an Independent Agent
- An independent agent will be able to get you the most bang for your buck. They are able to ensure you are getting all of the discounts you deserve and are able to quote you through a variety of companies. Without talking to a knowledgeable IA, you might miss out on valuable savings.
- An independent agent is able to help you determine what coverage is best for you. They can help you review your assets and determine if you have too much or too little coverage. They can tailor the policy to meet your needs and your budget. Most importantly, independent agents can offer you expert guidance through the insurance system. They know better than anyone what plans are available, and which of those plans will be a good fit for you.
- An independent agent will help you through the application process, to make sure that everything is filled out correctly so you qualify for the best possible rates. Lets face it, insurance is complicated. That’s why your independent agent goes to classes to learn the information they need to do their job. Why not let a professional help you through the process?
- If you have a question or problem, you are able to talk to someone you know and trust and who can help you. Every time you come to or call the office, you will be able to reach the same person. There’s no holding on the line with a 1-800# to get a different person than the one you talked to last time and explain your questions all over again.
- If you have an accident, your agent is there to walk you through the process and get you the help that you need. They will help you start the claim, and go over what things are covered and what are not, before you start the claim. This way you will go into the claim process with the knowledge you need to get the job done. Your agent will help you get your car back on the road and your life back to normal as soon as possible. Plus, should you have a problem during the claim process, your agent is there to fight for you to get the job done right.