Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Everyone needs car insurance. Call The Matthews Insurance Group today at 817-563-5555, and we’ll ensure you get covered with personalized protection.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
How much car insurance do I need in Texas?
By law, Texas requires all registered vehicles to carry:
- $30,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $60,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage
Liability insurance protects you against the damage you cause to other parties. For example, if you rear-end another car, then the accident is likely your fault. Liability coverage will provide a payout to others harmed by your actions. It can help with things like their vehicle damage and bodily injuries.
What is considered full coverage in Texas?
Beyond the required 30/60/25 coverage, you have the chance to add more coverage to your policy.
The more protection you carry, the more costs you’ll have covered by your policy should you go to file a claim. That’s more money in your pocket when you need it most. You should have enough coverage to protect the full value of the vehicle and your personal driving risks.
How do I know if I have full coverage?
Every driver has unique insurance needs. Therefore, what works for the car next to you on the road might not work for you. How do you know when you have the right protection?
Ask yourself: If I have a wreck, does my policy pay enough to help me fix the damage or buy a new car?
That might seem like a hard question to answer on your own. Instead, let one of our agents take the lead. We have the expertise to compare the policy options of countless Texas insurers to help you get the coverage that is the best fit for you. We’ll coordinate all the perks and costs of coverage to ensure you always get the maximum benefit of coverage.
What does full coverage insurance cover?
We recommend you consider adding extra coverage to your policy. Ask your agent about:
- Higher liability limits: There is no guarantee that the state’s minimum liability limits will cover all of a third party’s losses. By getting more coverage, you’ll be able to provide them with more money that you don’t have to pay on your own.
- Collision insurance: After a car wreck, use this coverage to pay for your vehicle damage.
- Comprehensive insurance: This coverage pays for damage to your car that comes from non-accident hazards. It might cover damage from fires, severe weather, theft, vandalism and more.
- Personal injury protection (PIP coverage): If you or your passengers get hurt in a wreck, this coverage can help you pay for medical bills. It might also pay for other costs, like lost income.
- Rental car reimbursement: Coverage will pay to help you get a temporary vehicle while you don’t have access to your personal car.
- Roadside assistance: Many insurers provide services to deliver gas, tire changes and towing services to stranded motorists.
What is the difference between full coverage and comprehensive coverage?
You might hear comprehensive coverage and full coverage used interchangeably. They are not the same.
Comprehensive insurance is the coverage within your policy that will apply to non-accident vehicle damage. Full coverage is a time when you have the most-beneficial protection for you and your vehicle. Generally, to get full coverage, you need to have comprehensive insurance on your policy.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
How much does car insurance cost in Texas?
Why break the bank trying to afford your policy? Our agents know that price matters to you. We will gladly help you get maximized coverage while maintaining the most-affordable prices for your coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
What can Matthews Insurance Group do for you?
We know what you're looking for. You're looking for a car insurance quote with the best possible coverage at the best possible price. What you don't want is some "fly by night" insurance agency or agent who forgets that you exist once they receive your down payment. We strongly believe in providing superior service after the sale because our goal is to keep you as an auto insurance customer as long as possible.